This is the story of Steve Areen and his dream house that he built for only $9,000. It is simply amazing and we just had to share his story!
This is what it started out like!
Some orange paint absolutely transformed the house!
Imagine lazing about on this swinging hammock!
An absolutely gorgeous and peaceful view!
Even comes complete with steps that lead to the top of the house!
Could you imagine yourself living here? 🙂
Here is a fantastic tip to keep spiders at bay at home using a natural peppermint oil.
- Fill a spray bottle with water.
- Add 10-15 drops of peppermint oil (you want the water to smell quite minty)
- Simply spray the peppermint oil into cracks and gaps where spiders may enter your home!
Spiders are naturally repelled by peppermint oil – the smell will deter them from your home and keep your home spider free!
P.S. This works equally well on mice!
Wow! Such a simple idea with stunning results. We stumbled across this excellent idea using yarn to wrap around glass jars. Simply paint over the jars and then peel off the yarn to create some stunning patterns. Add a candle/portable light and you’ve got yourself a beautiful looking jar lantern! See the full tutorial here.
Wow! How amazing do these DIY glow jars look?
Supplies you’ll need:
- glass jar
- glow sticks
- rubber gloves to protect your hands
- protective eyewear (recommended)
- glitter or a piece of tulle (optional)
This works 100% – however some tips below to make sure your jars turn out the best that they can!
- Be sure sure to make the glow stick glow first by cracking it. After they star glowing, then cut them open.
- Put the contents (carefully using gloves) of the glow stick(s) in a jar and shake put the lid on & shake the glow all over the inside of the jar.
- OPTIONAL: Add glitter to the jar. diamond dust works better than glitter. The finer the “glitter” the better! You can make a whole bunch for a night by a campfire. They’ll last for about 3 hours!
Full instructions can be found here.