Here is a fantastic tip to keep spiders at bay at home using a natural peppermint oil.
- Fill a spray bottle with water.
- Add 10-15 drops of peppermint oil (you want the water to smell quite minty)
- Simply spray the peppermint oil into cracks and gaps where spiders may enter your home!
Spiders are naturally repelled by peppermint oil – the smell will deter them from your home and keep your home spider free!
P.S. This works equally well on mice!
Wow! Such a simple idea with stunning results. We stumbled across this excellent idea using yarn to wrap around glass jars. Simply paint over the jars and then peel off the yarn to create some stunning patterns. Add a candle/portable light and you’ve got yourself a beautiful looking jar lantern! See the full tutorial here.
What a great idea! Make these fantastic looking roses using orange peels. You’ll have to be extremely careful as you peel a long strip off your oranges. Once complete from top to bottom, carefully roll the peel and shape it into a rose. To more visual instructions, see this excellent Youtube video tutorial below.
Wow! How amazing do these DIY glow jars look?
Supplies you’ll need:
- glass jar
- glow sticks
- rubber gloves to protect your hands
- protective eyewear (recommended)
- glitter or a piece of tulle (optional)
This works 100% – however some tips below to make sure your jars turn out the best that they can!
- Be sure sure to make the glow stick glow first by cracking it. After they star glowing, then cut them open.
- Put the contents (carefully using gloves) of the glow stick(s) in a jar and shake put the lid on & shake the glow all over the inside of the jar.
- OPTIONAL: Add glitter to the jar. diamond dust works better than glitter. The finer the “glitter” the better! You can make a whole bunch for a night by a campfire. They’ll last for about 3 hours!
Full instructions can be found here.
How fabulous do these DIY lamps look? We stumbled upon a great tutorial to create your own lamps using recycled liquor bottles. See more here.
A great DIY project for the kitchen to create a space saving spice jar rack! This design cleverly involves screwing the spice jar lids to a shelf or rack so that the jars suspend vertically when screwed on.
We found a great tutorial/instructions here.
A great idea to make use of corks from your consumed bottles of wine. Collect enough corks to be able to cover the area of any old photo frame using some hot glue. Simply place them carefully and snugly next to each other and set to dry. Soon you’ll have your very own cork board to pin notes to! In my opinion, they look good enough to hang up as is 🙂 More ideas and instructions here.
One of the most common New Year’s Resolutions is to save more money. Why not take the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge and try this great idea to save a little more each week? After 52 weeks you should have saved over $1,300, enough for that little special something for yourself or someone special!
Find the printable template & instructions here.
Some great looking Halloween decorations using bananas and tangerines, and also a great way to get your kids to eat fruit 🙂
Simple to make using bananas + choc chips, and tangerines + celery sticks.
Hat tip to Weelicious for the great idea. Full instructions here.
A great butterfly-shaped cake for any occasion! Simple to prepare and easy to assemble. See the full recipe and instructions over at Tablespoon.com