Wow! Such a simple idea with stunning results. We stumbled across this excellent idea using yarn to wrap around glass jars. Simply paint over the jars and then peel off the yarn to create some stunning patterns. Add a candle/portable light and you’ve got yourself a beautiful looking jar lantern! See the full tutorial here.
Wow! How amazing do these DIY glow jars look?
Supplies you’ll need:
- glass jar
- glow sticks
- rubber gloves to protect your hands
- protective eyewear (recommended)
- glitter or a piece of tulle (optional)
This works 100% – however some tips below to make sure your jars turn out the best that they can!
- Be sure sure to make the glow stick glow first by cracking it. After they star glowing, then cut them open.
- Put the contents (carefully using gloves) of the glow stick(s) in a jar and shake put the lid on & shake the glow all over the inside of the jar.
- OPTIONAL: Add glitter to the jar. diamond dust works better than glitter. The finer the “glitter” the better! You can make a whole bunch for a night by a campfire. They’ll last for about 3 hours!
Full instructions can be found here.